Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It's Just Running!

It’s just running but it’s actually so much more.  

What I’ve found is that running has been a metaphor for my life.  It’s helped me through life’s challenges, enabled me to celebrate my free spirit and good health and gave me the opportunity to develop many lifetime friendships that I otherwise wouldn’t have.

When I talk to a “runner” there is often an immediate connection….and when I talk to people about the meaning of running, I often find that we share many insights.

I’ve been running off and on for almost 30 years. What started out as something that I detested but was forced to do as part of a training program for the high school basketball team has turned into a life long love affair.

My running journey has taken me many places – not just different geographical places but places physically and emotionally. I’ve learned a lot…grown as a person, enjoyed interesting experiences and made some of my best friends through running ….and the journey continues.

No comments: